Thursday, January 18, 2024

Eliminator risking elimination - its destiny is in your hands

Alright folks, let's call a spade a spade. It didn't work. What I thought would be a fun exercise has been bleeding commenters/voters since the first group of match ups, to a point that the last group has an amazing total of two votes up until now. I maybe overestimated its interest and certainly underestimated the difficulty of people actually leaving a comment on a blog. 

I was thinking that even with votes being scarce, I'll let this thing run its course, but with almost no votes the whole thing feels more and more like a waste of time and web space. 

BUT the choice is yours! You want to keep the Best Album Eliminator around and see where it goes? Well, head on down three posts from here and get in your votes (and again, you don't need to be inscribed anywhere for this). Or, you know, don't, and the next elimination is the Best Album Eliminator itself...

So, yay or nay? The choice is yours. Can the Best Album Eliminator stave off being eliminated itself? We'll see...

Does this man look like he'll enjoy early retirement? 


5 comments:

  1. I thought it was a great way to encourage commentary (and participatory democracy!), but it's hard to get people to even take the time to say "thanks" on a blog. Farq and RYP are exceptions, and Sal gets some good discussions going at the Burning Wood blog. But I suspect that every blogger gets frustrated. You have a passion and a talent for putting together music and words, and I hope you will keep on blogging (even if the Eliminator ends).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh don't worry, I'll keep on blogging. But I realize that my ideas for interactive features might've been a bit overzealous. In my greeting post I mentioned some comic readalongs that I thought would be fun, but same thing: I'll think I'll scrap that in the bud, doesn't seem like folks will go for this. Like you said, most don't even stop for a quick "Hi" or "Thanks". Which, again, doesn't deter me. It'll just tell me that interactive features have a very very limited appeal it seems.

    And unlike the custom at Fales Memory Foam when it was still running at full speed, I don't want to withhold links until a question of the day had been asked. Sure, it gets discussions going, but not in the most natural manner. I wouldv'e of course hoped that folks would talk about music - posted or mentioned - by themselves, but what are ya gonna do...

    Anyway, I ain't going anywhere, and neither does this blog...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to know you're not going away. I don't comment much, but it's hard to keep up with you and all the other things I try to keep up with (including 14-yeqr-old twins I'm raising myself). You are bookmarked (along with the abovementioned Twilight Zone, Burning Wood and False Memory Foam), and I try to hit fellow Californian (presumably, since he posts so much SF stuff) Jonder when I can, but I still gotta work and do all them other living things....
    C in California

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, C, you're at least commenting from time to time, so I know you're still there, old faithful. I hear ya on the rest, I also have kids to raise and a day job, and getiing things done are more difficult some days than others...

      What is interesting is that this blog is slowly but surely getting more readers, but not more comments...

      Delete
  4. I for one liked the Eliminator feature but I'm running a month behind so I'm not exactly participating in the timely fashion that such a contest requires. It's too bad it didn't garner more ongoing participation.

    ReplyDelete

Byrds Alt Albums, Part II: Some people call them the space cowboys

This album shouldn't exist. Not in a 'what the hell was he thinking' or in a sacred cow kind of way. This shouldn't exist - ...